Friday 18 March 2011

The Creation.

'Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.'  - Salvador Dali



















via Mocoloco

This photo by Sarah Hobbs pretty much sums up my attempts at achieving perfectionism. Her carefully staged images serve as a metaphor for the various psychological states of mind, which also include 'Obsessiveness', 'Vanity' and 'Indecisiveness'. 'Untitled (perfectionist)' illustrates the contrast between the, almost unattainable, idealistic tidy stack of paper on the desk and the dissatisfaction that is represented by the pile of paper practically engulfing it.

I don't want to feel like I am doing something that has already been done. I want to break out of the box. I need to break out of the box. I don’t want to believe that perfectionism is unattainable, a challenge yes, but I believe that ‘perfectionism’ is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak. I intend to do everything I can in order to start on the long (and possibly never ending) journey and this will be a starting point where I will keep a log of that journey; documenting my struggles and my achievements, my inspiration and my ideas…let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment