Saturday 19 March 2011

The Performance Space.

per·for·mance  (pr-fôrmns)
n.
1. The act of performing or the state of being performed.
2. The act or style of performing a work or role before an audience.
3. The way in which someone or something functions: The pilot rated the airplane's performance in high winds.
4. A presentation, especially a theatrical one, before an audience.
5. Something performed; an accomplishment.
6. Linguistics One's actual use of language in actual situations.

I like to define what it is I am actually employing as the basis of my design concepts. In this case the aim is to design a ‘Performance Space’.
Exploring the idea of a performance, this can encompass anything from music to theatre to street art, etc…
I want to avoid the traditional idea of a ‘performance’ such as a play, a concert or a display of art work. However, as a starting point I want to explore the idea of creating a place that has a sense of drama; a place that has a theatrical element to it that will draw people in.

the·at·ri·cal . THēˈatrikəl
Adjective
1. Of, for, or relating to acting, actors, or the theater: "theatrical productions".
2. Exaggerated and excessively dramatic

I'm not sure how I reached this decision, but I have decided I want to design a restuarant.














The Vaults at Albannach Bar and Restaurant, Trafalgar Sq.

via: Propeller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment